At the time I simply felt like getting some of the things I was feeling about the business of private banking and wealth management written down. At the time I had absolutely no idea or comprehension that a year later that the site would
- Have over 30 000 unique visitors per month
- Nearly 12 000 followers (and growing) on Twitter
- Be featured in several major media outlets
- I would have a book contract with a major publisher
- Be the most popular career advisor on Google to private banking hopefuls while having absolutely no experience in career counselling.
I certainly didn’t expect it to become the world’s most popular site on private banking and wealth management, but it did and hey! stranger things have happened.
The learning curve has been very steep, but the first thing that I learnt was that there was (and still is) a massive, humongous, gargantuan even, demand for finance articles that didn’t contain boring overused platitudes. You people, yes you! the reader, you right there! reading this right now and the thousands of others who read this site everyday made that abundantly clear.
It really has been an amazing ride. I have never in my life interacted, Tweeted, spoken to, emailed, Skyped, chatted with, and as a result met face-to-face with so many fascinating people as I have because of this blog in the past year.
You all know who you are and you’ll allow me this moment to be a bit sentimental and thank you all from the bottom of my bank balance. Sincerely. Thank you.
Keep on banking